Saturday, December 5, 2009

Restless Planet

This morning we went to the Aquarium to check out their new exhibit called Restless Planet. The coolest thing (to me) was a fish tank that you walk through. We've been to a few places that have it in the past, and they're always pretty neat. The new one has really bright colors, and both kids really liked it. This is the first time Reese has really gotten out of her stroller at the Aquarium, so she had a ball checking out all the fish.

Wyatt and Brian were both fans of the new komodo dragon, which I was not impressed by. There were a few cool little experiments set up, but Wyatt was too young for most of them. One that he tried that he really liked allowed him to press a button and make a volcano erupt. The only problem was that it needed to be pumped to increase the pressure first and that part didn't really work too well.

As usual, the turtles and the sharks were a big deal for Wyatt. He also really likes to look at the turtle nests and see where the lay their eggs and look at the babies, and there is a pretty cute exhibit for that. With the rain and everything we couldn't walk to the other side of the Aquarium, so we were only there for about an hour and a half.

Reese and I checking out the fish
Wyatt and Brian (in the corner), watching a sting ray swim above them.
Trying out the Volcano!
Wyatt got to touch the horseshoe crab.
Wyatt saving Brian from being eaten by a shark!

After we left we went to Hallmark and let the kids pick out an ornament this year. I started collections for each of them for their first Christmas, Wyatt's is Winnie the Pooh (because he's my little Pooh-zie), and Reese collection is Ariel (you can figure that out yourself), but this year we let them pick one out as well. Wyatt picked out a Toy Story ornament, and since Reese can't really pick her own out, we got her a little Pebbles Flintsone one. They are both really cute!

And speaking of Toy Story, I realized that there is a pretty funny story from last weekend that I didn't blog about. We went to Toys R Us on Sunday while we were out and bought Wyatt a talking Woody and Buzz Lightyear for Christmas. Brian and I loaded everything in the car and went about our day. About 45 minutes later Wyatt shouted "Hey Daddy, get me my Buzz Lightyear!" Brian asked what he was talking about and Wyatt said, "I want my Buzz Lightyear, he's back there!," and pointed to the trunk. At that point Brian and I could hear Buzz saying "To infinity and beyond!" I guess I didn't put the toys away carefully enough and one of Buzz's buttons was engaged. Oops! Fortunately, he's forgotten about it. Otherwise, we have a lot of explaining to do!





No comments:

Post a Comment